Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preppers: Don’t Be a Fat Ass

One of the biggest drawbacks of reading survival blogs and related books is that you sit – A LOT. And if you’re not careful, it will catch up with you.

What good will it do you to have a ten year supply of survival foods and related survival gear if you die of a heart attack while walking across the room?

Over the past year I've spent more time than I would like in front of this computer - usually about three hours working on this blog and another three or four on my upcoming book. It's beginning to catch up to me.

OK, if you saw me in person, you probably wouldn’t think so. I’m about 5′9" and am currently sitting at anywhere between 190 and 197 pounds, depending on when I jump on the scale. My ideal weight is probably around 170 pounds. So, I am overweight. Not a fatty, but overweight.
I try to workout everyday, push-ups, sit-ups, walking mixed with running etc., but still I've gained 15 pounds over the past six months. Apparently I'm not doing enough... I need to get even more exercise into my daily routine.
Navy Seal workout video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMP6rIrmtI&feature=player_embedded#
What about you - are you a fat ass? Do you exercise? What do you do and how much?

"This may not be the latest post! Check out The Survivalist Blog dot Net to see if you're missing anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment